The One And Only Romania
- Romania’s name comes from the latin word Romanus, which means citizen of Roman Empire.
- Romanian language has existed for 1 700 years.
- The Castle of the Carpathians by Jules Verne and Dracula by Bram Stocker are of Romanian inspiration;
- Count Dracula was inspired by Vlad the Impaler, known for impaling his enemies and leaving them along the roadside.
- The oldest metal furnace in the world was discovered in Romania. Was attested to be about 6000 BC
- The oldest humanoid skeleton was discovered in Ramnicu Valcea. It was nicknamed “The fisherman of the Getic Lake”.
- The pen was invented by the Romanian Petrache Poenaru.
- Insulin was discovered by scientist Nicholas Paulescu.
- Traian Vuia was the first European who built and flew a self propelled airplane with fixed wings.
- Eiffel Tower the symbol of Paris, came to life based on a technology invented in Romania, by the engineer Gheorghe Panculescu.
- Stefan Odobleja put the foundations of Cybernetics in 1941.
- Constantin Brâncuși was a Romanian sculptor, painter, considered a pioneer of modernism, one of the most influential sculptors of the 20th-century, Brâncuși is called the patriarch of modern sculpture.
- Nadia Comaneci was the first gymnast to receive a 10 at Olympic Gymnastics.
- The actor who played Tarzan for the first time was Romanian – Johnny Weissmuller.
- Romania ranks second among countries with highest Internet download speed.
- The first country in the world with an oil production officially registered in the international statistics. (The Science of Petroleum, 1938);
- City Ploiesti, named “black gold capital” in 1856 became the largest oil producer in Europe.
- The first city in the world, with public lighting, based on kerosene was Bucharest. At April 1st 1857 the city was illuminated with 1,000 lamps;
- Timisoara was the first European city that introduced horse-drawn trams (in 1869).
- In 1889, Timisoara became the first city in Europe to introduce electric street lighting.
- Black Church in Brasov has the large pipe organ in Europe, with 4000 pipes.
- The Danube Delta is the second largest and the best preserved Delta in Europe.
- Danube – Black See Canal is the third longest man- made water way route in the world, after Suez and Panama Canal.
- The tallest rock sculpture in Europe is located in Romania – dac king Decebal (55 meters).
- The House of Parliament is the second largest building in the world.
- The Astra Museum is the second out door largest museum in the world.
- Romania is in top 10, producers of wine in the world;
- Romania is the richest country in Europe in gold resources.
Managing Partner – Powerfull Deeds
For 10 years doing Powerfull Deeds, serving individuals and companies in their own journey of growth with my knowledge, experience, tools and shortcuts, enjoying each step. I would love to contribute in yours too. How can I serve you?
Send me an email and tell me how can I add value to you?